Caio Bello Mi Amicos :)
Well. What an amazing
Week it has been since my last E Mail. So much has happened and Im
loving every moment of it. I've since left the MTC and last Wednesday
when we flew out here was probably one of the longest days of my life.
Haha I went to bed at 1 in the morning, woke up at 2 and headed to salt
lake at 3 haha Our flight was scheduled to leave at 6 so we had some
time to call home and all that good stuff. But when 6 came around, our
flight was delayed...to 2:45 that afternoon -__- Haha so we waited at
the airport and I called a few of you lucky ones who heard from me ;)
But we flew from Salt Lake to Dallas and from Dallas to Tulsa. We go in
at about 9:30 that night. My mission President and his wife are the most
darling people I've ever met Haha The mission home is a masion, the
ones you see in those gated off rich neighborhoods. You know whats
ugly..? JEALOUSY!! :( Haha
Anyways...I went through all that, the entire day to get to Tulsa, Oklahoma, being called to TULSA, OKLAHOMA, the OKLAHOMA TULSA MISSION just to find out...I am currently as of right now, serving in the AURORA, MISSOURI
area hahahahahaha Random for dayyyyys haha I got my first transfer to
this area the day after I got to the mission home. Haha No lie, this
area is a EXACTLY like Spanish Fork, theres just a bit more land...and
more hicks...that dont take to kindly to color folk...haha
But even with all that, I was so blessed to have the most amazing
first few days of my stay here. I got here and found out we have 12
Investigators. 3 of which had a baptismal date set but were still not
100% sure if they wanted to go through with it. My first day, teaching
my first lesson, I met this family named the Harringtons. They had been
getting taught for a good 2 years now and only the Dad was sure he
wanted to get baptized, but his wife up until then, did not. So we met
and talked with them and she said she had good news, she wanted to be
baptized :) How great is that?! My first day, first lesson ever, we were
able to finally commit a woman to baptism, who for the past 2 years
didnt want to get baptized! It was an emense blessing from the lord. The
following day we met with a 12 year old boy, Sam Maples, who in the way
he acts, down to a T, reminds me of Kyle... :) hahaha Stubborn little
child who fell asleep during our lesson and didnt pay attention at all.
He also had a baptimal date set but was shaky about it. I kept praying
to myself, heavenly father, please let this kid listen to what we have
to say, i know you sent me here for a reason. As the lesson went on, he
became more and more attentative, more so to the point that he set a
solid baptismal date on June 30th :) But the greatest blessing of all
was when he said "I just met you, and you're about 10 million times my
size, but I like you man. Will you baptize me?" :') Tender hahahaha No
but really, this kid is so amazing in his courage to want to make such a
huge commitment being as young as he is, I know heavenly father is
gudeing him by the spirit. He wants to baptized in Nixa at the Nixa
river that is outside of our area but we talk to the mission president
today to get the go ahead. :) One of the last investigators we taught
yesterday, is a super old man (85) his name is Marion Falmer. He accepts
everything about the gospel, all of our teachings but he cant accept
the Book of Mormon nor Joseph Smith. He said he cant accept it because
he knows hes not and even though he been invited by all the previous
missionaries over the last 3 years to pray to know that they are true,
he doesnt have faith that there is even a slight possibility that he
could be. But i told him to read D&C 8:9-10. It says that if you ask
heavenly father for something, but already knowing that you dont have
faith that you'll recieve an answer, you wont. If he didnt pray with the
faith to know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet of god, heavenly
father wouldnt have answered. His mindset was that Joseph Smith wasnt a
prophet of god, but with that mind set, not having faith that maybe he
could be, thats why he wasnt getting an answer. I told him this and he
said that for the past 3 years, through numorous missionaries, that none
of them one said that to him. He still says he cant do it but I know he
will, and heavenly father will answer that prayer, he always does.
Anyways :) Thats just whats been going on here. My new
Companions name is Elder Joseph Decker from Idaho Falls. Hes
chill....but every time I talk to him about things, he busts out the
rule book on me...hes one of those missionaries ;) haha Hes cool though.
And we've already in just 4 days taught more lessons in the area then
every before (26) Im pretty much ganna be dunkin people for days ;)
Anyways, I got to get going, But just a note, dont send stuff to my
Oklahoma address cause it takes a while to get to me. Send it to my
Missouri address:
19 Colonial Village
Aurora, Missouri
65605
I
love you all so much and miss and think about you every day. Keep the
letters coming...Im on a good 5 day drought haha Congrats again Tyson on
being #CALLEDTOSERVE in the Mexico City mission. You will change
peoples lives. I promise you that. Shout out one time to all my LOST BOYS
reppin the 801 hehhhh!! Haha Not you Alex because you're still a
"LBIT"...No Respect ;) haha anyways. Keep a steadfast faith in our
heavenly father and in his son Jesus Christ. Let go and let god. when
you put your life into their hands, they will NEVER lead you astray. Im
praying for all of you always. Keep your eyes open for miracles. They
happpen around us every day. You just have to look :)
Stay Blessed. I love you all.
-Elder Isaac Andrew Asiata