Saturday, September 22, 2012

Weekly Letter #14. August 13th, 2012

 Rest In Love Mama Still


Well, this past week went great. Besides a few ups and down, it was a good week. I found that one of the biggest blessings I've gotten from this mission is hands down Patience and Humility haha We'll get to that later. Here was my week...

Tuesday August 7th: Since this week was Elder Decker's last week in Aurora, we went and visited all of our investigators, well the ones who wanted to meet with us at least ha. We went and taught Isabella around noon and finished up the last of her lessons. Next time wee meet with her we're just going to go over over the baptismal interview questions. Her dad, being a less active member, asked us if we wanted to hang out with them for the day and eat some meatloaf. We did that :) But before we went to see the Harringtons so Decker could say bye. Then we came back and played monopoly and board games for a few hours with him. We're working on getting him active again. We had dinner with the Sweet family and then taught Rocky. We were skeptical about whether he would be ready to be baptized or not because we werent sure if he had a solid testimony or not; he surprised us with one of the best testimonies i've ever heard haha. When we met with him that night, he told us how he started to invite people to his baptism and his brother was saying all this stuff about how lds religion is wrong and all this. Then he dropped the mother load of testimonies haha It was amazing. Without a doubt...hes ready :)

Wednesday August 8th: Started the day off with Paul and Beth. Paul caught us off guard and said that he didnt want to be baptized till after elections haha When we asked why he told us that he had a very strong political stance and didnt want his political voiced opinion to reflect on the church. After we explained that you have the right to have freedom of speech, he agreed to go a head and be baptized on the 25th with his wife haha. I love that guy. He's hilarious. He asked if i would baptize him because "I want to see you on TV on Sundays playing some Pro Ball. That way i can tell everyone that a Pro Football Player Baptized me...that and because i like you. No offense Elder Decker" haha I will NEVER forget that. I guess i better go Pro!

Thursday August 9th: Today Elder Decker caught the Deuces and a swift kick Goodbye...We didnt end on good terms haha. And i met my new Companion Elder Ostler. Hes pretty tight i guess. Nothing wrong with him yet but Its early in the transfer haha. Spent the day getting him settled then we hung out with the Alms for din din.

Friday August 10th: Well...both of our appointments cancelled on us so we tracted around for a bit. Its starting to cool down a lot so im not a sweat hot mess all day. Rocky had his Baptismal Interview today and all is well. He is good to go for his baptism on the 18th. That was our oh so fun day though.. :D haha

Saturday August 11th: A great day full of working on good ol' Taura Ranch. Baled some hay, drove some fence post and took care of some horse. Theres a black stallion here named Giorgio who pretty much loves me...I wanna ride him .__. Samoan Horse Rider.

Sunday August 12th: So...today was the day i found out that the lord has Blessed me with Patience and Humility. So...theres this ONE MEMBER. Levi Shirley. Pretty much, from every member in the ward we've talked too, they all have said hes a piece of crap and thinks hes better than everyone else in the ward cause hes rich and all that. Hes...yeah haha. So, during sacrament, I'll admit it, i was nodding off during it, should i be, no, but im sorry, it happens sometimes. So...while im nodding off, this guy comes and sits next to me DURING SACRAMENT MEETING and pretty much chews me out about it. Wasnt polite. was rude and he got in my face. Like...he wanted me to do something...but since im a missionary and im blessed with Patience i said sorry and he left. I told Matt about it and he was ticked haha He told bishop and bishop said hes going to talk to him. So...yeah. This wasnt my first run in with the guy. I've only talked to him twice in my whole life..im over it haha


So, on a better non confrontational note, I learned something very important this past week. There's a kid in our ward who is 20 and doesnt really feel like hes ready to serve a mission. I've talked to him about it many times and have given him a lot of adive about it. He's kind of in the same boat as i was when deciding to go. Just in a sense that he doesnt want to go unless he wants to go. The more his family and people in the ward try to push him towards it, the more he rebels. So, anyways, i got a call from his aunt and she told me that she has never felt so blessed to have a missionary in the area. She told me that i was such an amazing example for Aaron and that he talks about me all the time. She said that she knew for a fact that i was sent here for Aaron.
After i got to thinking about that, i realized that yes, as missionaries, the lord sends us to certain areas for investigators and people we teach but as well and just as importantly, we are sent to certains areas to help members as well. May not seem new to some but to me it struck me pretty hard. So for all of my Lost Boys and many friends serving around the world, remember always that theres a reason for you to be in EVERY AREA you are sent to. Whether that be for investigators, to plant the seed, to harvest the crops or for the ward members. Find that reason.

I wanna give a shout out to my Lost Boy faithful Elder Tyson Jex. Holdin it down one time in the Mexico City West Mission. I hope your farewell went well. I love and miss you uce. August 2014 will come by faster than you think so go headstrong and steadfast in the lords work and he will bless you. I know the kind of person you are and you will heard this a million times but the people of your mission are lucky and fortunate to have you and to hear your testimony. You will be the biggest change so many peoples lives. Take it easy my dude. I'll see you at the Airport in 2014.

Lastly i wanted to send my condolences to my usos Travis, Ryan and Tyler, my big sister Sherry and Papa Still. I love all of you so much and I hope and pray for you always. Your mom has been such an instrumental tool in shaping me and raising me to be the man I am today. She is watching over all of us and will be there to comfort you in your time of need. Heavenly Father and our Savior will take care of her till she can see your guys again. Thank for you being my family and taking care of me my whole life. Stay strong.

I hope and wish the best for all of  you in all of your daily lives. Trust in the Plan of Salvation. Trust in the Lord. Let go and Let god and he will take care of all of us in anything we face.

Till Next Time
-Elder Isaac Asiata