Hello Beautiful People of the Outside World :)
Ciao Bello!!! (Italiano for Hello Beautiful People. SWAGGGGG)
Anyways.
Hi Everybody! How are you all doing. Can you believe its been 2 weeks
already?! Im closin in on 3 in about 4 days. Crazy how time flies!! But
in all honesty, It feels like its been a good year or so... -__- Haha
but im loving it. Things are going a lot better since my last E-Mail.
Dont worry, Im not coming home anytime soon, sorry... ;) So Im headed
out to the field in 4 days!!! Its crazy! Pj is so mad that he has to
wait 2 more weeks before he leaves. Oh what a blessing to only be in the
MTC for 3 weeks :) I've learned so much already during my stay here.
Its crazy how in such a short period of time, my testimony and faith
have increased ten fold. Its the most amazing thing I have ever
expierenced in my life. Its a true blessing to be here doing the lords
work. I know that there is nothing else I need to be doing and I am so
excited to serve the beautiful people of Tula, Oklahoma...and all the
surrounding areas. Well...since not that much exciting stuff happens at
the MTC besides the occasional suprise of Mega Movie Sunday, let me fill
you in on the past 7 days you've missed in my amazing life. ;)
Sunday- Well, Fast and Testimony meeting for our
zone. The district that is headed to the Provo/St. George area mission
left this past Wednesday so If meet any of them tell them i said Hi. Oh
when we were walking to the temple for our Temple Walk these crazy
Anti-Mormon protesters were standing outside in front of the MTC!!!
Harassing everyone. Low key some of them almost went night night. They
said "Coloreds arent apart of the Christian faith" smh...the world that
we live into. Its okay. Pou: Thanks for teaching me how to be humbled
haha OHHHHH!!! And i watched 'The Restoration' :'( such a sad, happy,
exciting, everything movie. Emotional rollar coaster. I've decided that
when I teach The Restoration (Lesson 1. Preach My Gospel) Im just going
to leave a copy of that movie with them to watch. BAM!!! Baptisms for
DAYSSSSS!!!!
Monday-Today was just another day as a
Missionary. got taught by Brother Reeves. Hes such a boss. And hes only a
year older than me. Haha Nothing too exciting going on though.
Tuesday- Today was the most amazing day in the history of man
kind. Elder D. Todd Christofferson of the Quorum of the Twelve came and
spoke with us today!!! Talked about The Doctrine of Christ. For those of
you Noobs out there. Its 3rd Nephi 11:32-34. It was the most amazing
talk I've ever witnessed live. Im so jealous though. We found that
President Monson comes every year on June 1st to speak :( Sad story. But
hands down, the best quote of the night was when he said this:
"You missionaries, all of you, Elders and
Sisters alike, All hold within your hands the KINGDOM OF GOD. And when
you go to the doors of your investigators, you have to remember that.
We, as the 15 Apostles cant do it all. We call upon the Quorum of the
70. But we cant do it alone. We look to you, all of you, to help us
bring this Gospel to the world..."
So...Elder Jex and Elder Adams. Prepare yourselves to
hold the Kingdom of God in your hands and to change the lives of those
who await you in Michigan and Mexico :)
Wednesday- Yeah....nothing happend except the 2 week mark...haha
Thursday- The only cool that happend today was
we met with our TRC Investigator "Barbra" whos not really an
investigator, but instead is a hired actor whos real name is "Debi" who
works at the temple...we saw here there last P-Day hahaha Kinda killed
it when we went in to teach her for the last time. She said she couldnt
stay in character for an hour cause we knew who she was. Shes the most
amazing lady ever!! We talked about who she really is and what not. Mom,
she said Hi and that she will keep in touch with you. "Your mother is
the most AMAZING woman i have ever had the pleasure of talking to"
-Debi.
Friday- Today was In-Field Orientation. We just
talked about everything you need to know about the field. It was good 12
hour day ahaha
Which brings me to today. Today is
our last P-Day here in the MTC. It blows my mind that I leave in 4
days. Im so excited!!! I cant even express how blessed I feel to be
doing the lords work. I know that what I'll be doing for the next 2
years of my life is the most important thing I could be doing for the
rest of my life. Thank you all for your letters, packages and support. I
couldnt do it without you. You have no idea how much your words help me
every day. This gospel that we are apart of has blessed my life in the
most extraordinary ways I cant even begin to fathom how much the lord
has blessed me. When i sit back and realize how many times I have seen
Gods Hand in my life, the spirit overwhelms me. Prayer and my faith in
our Heavenly Father and Savior have brought me through the darkest times
of my life and its gotten me here, on my mission, preparing me to
serve the Amazing people of Tulsa, Oklahoma. I know that The Church of
Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the true church of God. I know that
Thomas S. Monson and all those preceding him are True Prophets in
these Latter-Days. I know that Joesph Smith was called but our father in
heaven and his son to Restore this blessed Gospel we have today. And I
know, without a doubt in my heart that what im doing is a great and
marvelous work. It will bless my life but most importantly, the ones i
love. I know that we all face our own personal demons daily. Sin
surrounds us. But the lord has sent angels to protect us all. Rough
times lay ahead, for ALL of us, but i know that if we keep our faith in
our Heavenly Father strong, all things are possible.
"There is however, a Leve of Faith, That
empowers us. To make things happen, that other wise would not happen..."
-Elder D. Todd Christofferson.
I love all of you, more than you will ever know. I am so blessed to have
such amazing people in my life. You are ALL responsible for shaping and
bending me into the person I am today. I pray for all of you, day and
night. Till next time.
Take Care,
"For with God, NOTHING shall be impossible..." Luke 1:37
-Elder Isaac Andrew Asiata