Hello All :)
Well...first off i hope evey
ones 4th of July was cooler than mine, because if it wasnt then you're a
loser... :) haha. This past week wasnt as great as we wished. Had a lot
of lessons planned but only 2 were taught. The rest were rescheduled or
cancelled because of the holiday. Bummer zone but its all good cause
those 2 lessons were better than nothing. We were also supposed to be
having a baptism this Saturday, July 14th, but our investigator missed
his baptismal interview this past Thursday so we had to moved it to the
21st of July so he can be interviewed this weekend. Thats pretty much
the latest and greatest with The A-Town Area. But here was my week:
Tuesday July 3rd: We met with Isabella again
today. She is doing just great. Honestly the cutest little girl in the
world, besides you of course Destinee :) haha We read 1 Nephi 3 with her
and she is understanding the Book of Mormon very well for a 9 year old.
Her dad is slowly coming around as well. He was "Keep to myself" kind
of guy at first but now hes starting to open up a lot more. We took Matt
Alms with us to teach because hes his home teacher and their now
friends. Pretty dope. We had 2 other appointments today but they both
rescheduled so we ended our night with dinner at the Mayne's home.
Wednesday July 4th: HAPPY 4TH! :) Today we spent
the day with the Alms and Mayne families at Table Rock Lake in Branson,
Missouri. Its kind of like a mini Las Vegas downtown but the lake where
we were at was amazing. We watched everyone swim because we cant and
sat on the beach in the 104 degree weather! :D So fun! Haha Kidding. But
we fished and relaxed so that was good. That night we watched a super
good firework show but honestly, Spanish Fork's Fiesta Day Fireworks
would put this one to shame haha
Thursday July 5th: Another day of service at the
Alms Ranch. Spent the whole day working in Matt's parents Horse Barn.
Shoveling Horse Crap and getting Hay that weighs about 75 lbs a bell.
Handled it like a champ though :) haha Later that night my boy Elder
Park and his comp came over and spent the night for our Zone Conference
the next morning! By far, the funnest night I've had on my mission haha
Love you homie!
Friday July 6th: Today we had our Zone
Conference/Meet the New President day; President Shumway. Their whole
family was there and they are die hard cougar fans and the first thing
they did when they opened was had me stand and told the rest of the
missionaries there that I was Ute and he wasnt going to hold that
against me. Haha UTES ALL DAY BOIIII!!! No, but it was a very
spiritually uplifting day. He reminds me a lot of Coach Whitt, but for
sure Coach Whitt is cooler haha. He told us the 3 things that as
missionaries, we could control:
I Can Control My Work Habits.
I Can Control My Attitude.
I Can Control My Obiedience.
If those 3 things are in check, we will be the greatest missionaries and selves we can be.
Saturday July 7th:
Another day spent with Matt at his place. Built us a nice little kids
bench and Toy box for his kids. Im becoming quite the handy man if i
dont say so myself. Haha Who would've thought? Later that night we met
with one of our investigator's wife who lives next door to us. Shes not
investigating our church but she is a really nice lady and gives us food
and takes care of us as much as she can. We found out that her and her
husband are having marital problems and they havent spoken in the past 3
weeks. We left her house with a word of prayer, hopefully things
between them get better.
Sunday July 8th: Another blessed Sabbath day.
Today in church we had 6 investigators show up!! Paul and Beth, The
Harringtons, Caleb and Rocky. Good sunday for sure. After church we
walked about 35 minutes to an investigators for a lesson and they werent
home...smh. Oh well, Its all good. When we walked back, we stopped by
the skate park and talked to some of the skaters. They told us that we
were crazy for walking around in this heat with our church clothes on
haha They were nice kids, one of them was actually a member and another
was our next door neighbor. Later that night we taught Rocky The Plan of
Salvation at a members house and invitied him to be baptized on teh
18th of August. He only gave us a soft commitment but I can already
tell, from the conformation of the spirit that he will be baptized on
that day.
That was my week. Wasnt as productive as we planned but
we got done what we could and Im Happy with it and im looking forward
to another great week serving our heavenly father :) I hope all my Lost Boys that
are out serving the lord are having great success in your respected
areas. I love you all and you are always in my prayers.
As for everyone else, I love you as well. I hope our
heavenly father blesses you with whatever you stand in need of. I know
at times, we seem inadequite to speak with our father above but always
remember that he loves each and every one of you. And though you may be
facing many trials in your lives, going through hardship and things may
not be going the way you wish they would. I promise you that whatever it
may be, if you put the lord first, EVERYTHING that follows with be taken care of. Stay true to yourselves and to your faith in this restored gospel.
I know that Christ Lives. That this is his gospel,
Restored once again on the earth. I know he loves me and you. I barely
solem testimony that this work is true, I wouldnt have left my family,
football, friends and my life behind if there was even the slightest
chance that it was false. I know that every prophet from Joseph Smith
all the way down to Thomas S. Monson and back were called of God. I know
the Book of Mormon to be the true word of God. I leave this with you in
the holy and sacred name of thy son, Jesus Christ, Amen.
Till Next Time, Be Easy and Take Care
Elder Asiata