Monday, December 3, 2012

I've Got Soul, But Im Not A Soldier

TIS THE SEASON, TO BE JOLLY!!!
 
FA LA LA LA LA. LAH LAH LAH LAH.
 
:) Yes Sir! Its that time of the year. CHRISTMAS
 
Its weird being in Bentonchill, Arkansas around the Holiday but the members here are so good that it makes everything just fine :) The Members in this ward help out in EVERY aspect of missionary work. From Feeding us like Kinds to Being the best family in Bentonville and hanging out with us (Shout out one time to the Erickson's. I see you!) This past week we got our lessons back up, 2 more than the previous week, regardless of, in my opinion, the best Zone Conference i've ever attended. I swear President and Sister Shumway are the best Mission Parents in the world! Anyways, here was my week boiiiiiiiiiiiii
 
Tuesday November 27th: I went on exchanges with one of the Elder's in my apartment, Elder Worthington from Mesa, Arizona. I call him 1 Cent though (His names Lincoln. Get It? Penny? 1 Cent? I kill my self haha)  Anyways, we hit up the 3 lessons we had set for the afternoon. First with Sister Hale. We discussed the Plan of Salvation but werent able to get all the way through it. Its okay though. Shes doing AWESOME! After that, we met with Grandpa Heinz. Discussed more deeply the Restoration and the Book of Mormon with Brother Abrams. Both went VERY well. After that we met with Brother Ingram at the church with Davey Boy Jackman. We talked about the importance of church. He didnt want to join a church, because he wants to preach the gospel to people so he didnt think church was important because everyone there is saved so, valid reason. BUT I told him about Home Teaching and about how sometimes, people fall away from the church, like me. And its because of the members in the ward, that they can find those lost sheep and bring them together. He didnt know that and was really excited to become a home teacher. So, Home Teachers reading this letter....100% on all your routes! ;) haha Later that evening, we met with the Sohse kids and read some more from the Book of Mormon. They are set to be baptized this upcoming Saturday December 1st.
 
Wednesday November 28th: ZONE CONFERENCE!!! So...there were 3 Zone at Zone Conference today, Springdale, Rogers and Joplin. My homie and Teammate Elder Austin Lee came through from Springdale and my Uso for life Elder Justin Park came through from Joplin! I hadnt seem Park for months! Good to see him for sure! This was a different kind of Zone Conference though. We talked mostly about Christmas and the true meaning behind it and what it should be centered around Christ. It was sweet :) I'd go into more detail but it would take forever haha. After Conference we went with Brother Vanslooten to visit first, the Sohse's. We planned out their baptism and all that details. After that we met with Sister Hale at the Vanslootens house and discussed the Word of Wisdom. We are always iffy about this because we know its a rough thing for people to follow, but Sister Hale handled it like a champ and agreed to live by it :) God is Good.
 
Thrusday November 29th: Well, Last night we gotta call from a member about a guy who wants to turn his life over to the lord and asked us what we could do....YOU ALREADY KNOW THOUGH!!! haha We headed over today to teach Brother Gurrero. He had no concept about the Jesus Christ or God. He just knew that there was something there. and he wanted to find it. He spoke little english so it was hard to teach him. BUT!!! Imma give a shout out ot my high school Spanish Teacher Senor Rogers right quick because I could decently understand what he was saying in spanish. All that conjuegemos paid off after all haha. Later that afternoon we went and read a couple of chapters in Alma with Sister Hale. Afterwards, we met with Brother Ingram at the church again with Brother Dragovich from our ward. It was a good time. Brother Ingram is slowly grasping the concept of the gospel and what it means to him. We gave him a triple combination the week before and hes reading in Doctrine and Covenants, as well as in the Pearl of Great Price. Hes moving a long just fine. OH! He also wants me to baptize him but he wants to be baptized in a river on December 22nd....smh haha Im DOWN!!!!! Haha Cold for daysssss...
 
Friday November 30th: Started the day off by helping Brother Gifford put up some Christmas lights then did some weekly planning when we got home. Met with Sister Hale and read more from Alma. Her baptism date in December 15th. Shes been taught everything so we're kind of just, teaching to needs. We were suppose to meet with Brother Ingram afterwards but he got wrapped up in some things so we had to reschedule. Tonight we had Dinner with my favorite family in Bentonchill, The Erickson's. We had some 5 Guys and Andy's for desert. And then proceeded to talk with their Oldest Daughter Alli about how embarassing the Male race can be when it comes to dates...she told us about all the lames she dated growing up and how weak their dating game was. Who takes a girl to dinner and uses a BUY ONE GET ONE FREE ON THEMSELVES. Haha. I am so sorry Alli. Especially for the wanna be gangster...shout out to @Stunnaz22 hahahahahahahhahaha I love you Erickson Family.
 
 
Saturday December 1st: HAPPY DECEMBER!!!! Started the month off right with 2 baptisms! :) Lj and Sue Ann Sohse got baptized today and it was so emotional for me. Dont ask me why but i was crying like a baby during Lj's baptism prayer. I got to baptize him and Elder Smitty got to baptize Sue Ann. It was awesome :) That pretty much took up our whole afternoon. Afterwards, we met with Brother Ingram at the church again and talked about our Savior and how we have to follow his example. Perfect scripture reference; 2 Nephi 31. The Doctrine of Christ. Amazing. He loved it!!! Good Saturday.
 
Sunday December 2nd: Always gotta love Fast and Testimony Meeting. The testimonies of the members in the Bentonville 1st Ward are so strong. You can feel the spirit moving around the chapel as member after member bares their sincere Testimony. :') haha We went by and visited with Sister Hale for a little bit then went and saw the Ovandos. We watched Jospeh Smith: The Prophet of the Restoration and i swear that movie never gets old!!! After dinner we went back to the Erickson's and watched the Christmas Devotional. I cant believe I've never seen one before!!! It was awesome :) Cute Old Guys...I love our first precidency. President Eyring's was my favorite for sure though. Imma have to snag that wooden toy box idea for me and whoever I marry...haha Swag Jackin haha
 
Well Boys and Girls :) That was my week!!! I love my mission so much. I've hit a lot of tough spots along these past 7 months (Not even that long. SMH.) but Its time like Saturday, when people become baptized and you see how happy they become and how happy their families are, that make it all worth it. I love seeing how happy people can become, whether they were sad or even thought they couldnt be happier, The Gospel of Jesus Christ can make you even happier.
 
Before I end, I want to invite everyone who reads this to check out the new Mormon.Org/Christmas website that has been put up and I invite you all to share it with a friend. Whether they be a member or not, its an awesome way to share the message about the saviors birth and the true meaning of christmas.
 
Oh, I heard that Our Dons made it to the Finals at state!! Congrats! But i also heard we lost :( I dont care!!! Ya'll beast moded that and took it somewhere we aint never been! Shout out to the 2012 Dons football team and coaching staff. Way to work hard. Take it back and get that Ring Next Year. Shout out to the Las Chalitas Drill team this weekend for State? Or Region? I dont know haha Good Luck and Good Luck AJB :)
 
I also want to Thank, First off my mom for putting together this Bomb 25 Days of Christmas thing I got, And Then the people who's presents and letters I've Opened. Gabe Reid and his Family, Tau and Terrance Taumua (xGSCx Beastin haha) The Pulu Family and The Jackson's. Thanks so much! I love you all and appreciate your letters and kind words!!!
 
HAHA I re read all that and felt like I was giving a Grammy Speech or something haha. Im done I swear. I'll thank everyone else next week. Till then.
 
Take Care & Happy Holidays



-Elder Isaac Andrew Asiata