Wednesday, December 26, 2012

I Dont Even Know What To Title This One...

Hello Hello Everyone :)
I hope everyone had an awesome Christmas yesterday and I hope all you families with missionaries out had a good time talking with them as well. Its been a very good past week. Better than the previous few for sure so thats always good. Im a little burnt out from the past few days so this email is probably going to be even more so...feel free to skim of this email if you want :) haha We spent most of our time like we did the week before; Finding New Investigators. We pretty much contacted just about every former and their dog and tracted up and down Bentonville with little success buttttt theres "No Effort Wasted" the ever so famous words of truth. So its all good. Just gotta keep plantin those seeds. Anyways, here was our week...
 
Tuesday December 18th: Today was a decently packed day. We met with a return missionary who served in this mission in 09' and his wife. His wife isnt a member so we had taught her a lesson and had lunch with them. Shes met with missionaries in the past but I guess some bum Elders turned her off from the church so she lost intrest in learning about it. I guess shes slowly increasing her intrest. After that we went and visited the Sohse family and read some scriptures with them. Teaching kids is most definately a lot harder than teaching adults but its a lot funner teaching the little ones. Primary Callings with for sure be accepted when I get home Bishop haha. That night we went and saw the Gifford family and did some family scripture study with them as well as enjoyed a Christmas story. I guess today wasnt that packed...haha
 
Wednesday December 19th: Well, Wednesday I went on exchanges with my future Business Partner, Elder Jared Bartschi. We didnt have that muched planned for the day except an appointment with Sister Hale. We went over and read some scriptures with her. Theres not a whole lot left to teach her since shes been taught everything so we decided to just finish the Book of Mormon. Shes in Alma now so. Still a lot left to read for sure but we'll get there. Elder Bartschi and I contacted a few formers that day and went down to "The Square" downtown and just talked to people. Kind of a lame day but It was good to see my boy Elder Bartschi.
 
Thursday December 20th: Started the day off with a District Meeting with our Zone Leaders.We exchanged back and Elder Smith and I went about doing what we do best; Contacting Formers ALL DAY haha We had an appointment with Sister Hale but we didnt have another male with us so we couldnt go inside and it was freezing outside so we cancelled and rescheduled for tomorrow. We went and read some more with Sohse's and went out tracting some more.
 
Friday December 21st: Pretty Dece-Ave day today. Started off with an appointment with Brother Ingram and we took Brother Wright from the ward with us to teach him. We disscussed a lot of important things that hes caught up on. 2 of the main things are Authority, Priesthood Authority and a modern day Prophet and the keys that he holds. Some pretty deep stuff that we've been trying to get over since we first started meeting with him in November but we'll keep pushing. We tried to set another date in January since hes supposed to get baptized tomorrow (22nd) but he was thinking more of in April... O_O haha we didnt get a new date set so. Still working on that one there. After dinner that night, we went over to Sister Hales again with another member in the ward and decided to teach her all the lessons again, sorta like a review. We've been instructed by our Mission President to teaching shorter, more spiritually powerful lessons. So we only taught a few points of the restoration. I think it worked out pretty well...
 
Saturday December 22nd: Today was our "Oh my gosh...all we do is contact formers, lets get them done" Day :) We spent seriously the whole day going around to see all these people. From 10 am till 5pm thats what we did. Only 2 people answered their door. One was nice and said he wasnt interested and the other was a little bit more on the mean side and told us to..well...i cant type those kinds of things so :) Use your imagination haha that night was probably the greatest thing in the world. We spent the evening with the Erickson family and celebrated an early Christmas with them since they werent going to be there for Christmas. They got us all presents and I got the sickest tie! It was an awesome night Im going to miss them while they are in Utah for Alli's wedding. Congrats to you and Davey Boi!!! :) I love you all!!
 
Sunday December 23rd: Man. Im starting to think all my sunday entries are all the say. I should copy and paste every sunday entry under what I did on sundays haha same old same old. Went to church and had some pretty epic lessons about Families and Elder Hollands talk from this past conference, probably one of the greatest talks of all time about The First Commandment; Loving God. It was awesome. But for real...that was our day haha went and visited some less actives who werent trying to see us so it was more like seeing their front door close haha its all good
 
Monday December 24th: Christmas Eve-A!!! (shout out to Wall-E) Today we had a boss Zone Outting at the Stake Center. President Shumway approved G-Rated Disney Movies for us to watch on Christmas Eve and Christmas so we spent the whole date having a pizza/movie watching party at the church on the projector in the cultural hall! It was sick. Gotta love those tender mercies. That night we had dinner with the Trudo family and they contacted all of our parents to ask what our favorite desert or food was and they made it for us! Such nice people :) haha
 
Tuesday December 25th: MERRRRRRY CHRISTMASSSS!!!!! Hope everyone had an awesome Christmas. Spent a good sold 2 1/2 hours skyping my family! and then we went over to the Conovers and hung out with them all day. I dont know what else to write about this day except that it was good to talk to everyone I got to talk to. My boys Alex and Travis. AJB ;) and DJKD! It was awesome. I miss and love you all!!!
 
I covered 8 days pretty quick haha...I guess since theres not much detail to go into about em, its all good :) I wanted to thank everyone who sent me an envelope with my moms "25 Days of Christmas" package. Those will be memories and treasures for sure. I cant remember whos all I opened over the past 2 weeks but thanks regardless, you know who you are :)
 
Rest In Paradaise Aunty Faavae Tupuola. Love and Best wishes go out to my family up north, Rita, Berta, Cathy Silipa & Kavika . Im glad i was able to see you before I left. Your words of encouragement and support will always be in my head :) Im glad to know that because of Heavenly Fathers Plan of Salvation, we will all see you again soon :)
 
Well...I love you all :) Hope you all have a good Holiday season.
 
Take Care & God Bless
-Elder Isaac Asiata