Monday, November 5, 2012

Bentonville Chillin

So.....when did all the mormons from Provo migrate to Bentonville? Haha I swear I've seen byU stickers and lincense plates EVERYWHERE!!! Its all good cause I got a Utah flag hanging in our bedroom window so...you know what it is. Haaa Oh, shout out to the Ute Fam for puttin in work against WSU
 
Anyways, Bentonville is crazy dope!!! So much going on and so much to do, we are hardly ever home! We got a pretty dece teaching pool right now but picked up a few new investigators over the past 4 days that we've been here. Its crazy how much the lord blesses you when you're, what our mission likes to call, "Fanatically Obedient" haha. But for real, I've made some little changes in that regard and have seen soooo many blessing because of it. My new companion, Elder Parker Smith, is pretty much the epitome of what that is so, its like a multiplyer low key haha. Anyways, here was my past week! A lot better than the past few. Ohhh HEREWIIIKOOO!!!
 
 
Tuesday October 30th: Today I was still in Aurora so we went and said goodbye to everyone. We spent the whole day with Bro. Moss and his family. Helping around his house, hanging out but mostly just saying some goodbyes. Matt and Laura came over for dinner and I said the first part of my goodbyes to them...sad story haha. Whoa what a short tuesday..hmm
 
Wednesday October 31st: So...I didnt even know that today was Halloween haha For real. We spent the vast majority of the day cleaning the house, packing and getting the area ready for the new Elders (Oh yeah, both me and my companion got transferred to a new Area. The guy who i replaced in Bentoville just swapped with me so) so we didnt go outside much. It wasnt until someone knocked on our door, which made my heart stop because NO ONE knocks on the missionaries doors, but there were trick or treaters there! Surprise surprise! haha We didnt have any candy so i gave them Book of Mormons and some pass a long cards hahaha Best Trick Ever! haha Later that night we went and to Matt and Lauras to say goodbye to them and the kids. :'( Hate goodbyes
 
Thursday November 1st: TRANSFER DAY!!! :) As much as I love Aurora, it felt good to finally leave and see a new area. OH!!!! I got to see my boy Elder Austin Lee at transfer points too! He's still reppin that Ute Nation all day haha It was good to see him. I met my new comp, Elder Smith and the 2 other Elders we share apartments with today too! They're all crazy dope! Elder Smith, Elder Bryant (From SLC) and Elder Worthington. Feels good to not have to deal with the awkwardness of just you and your companion haha gotta love it. Well, got to the rich city life of Bentonville and got settled in and went to a really nice families home for dinner.
 
Friday November 2nd: VERY Busy day. We went over the area book because me and my companion were shotgunned into the area (we're both new) so we had to compile a huge list of everyone that we had to teach from current investigators, formers, recent coverts, and less actives and then we hit the road. Started off by tracting a few houses then we visted a very nice lady named Judy. Shes a current investigator and we just read the book of mormon with her. Next we went to see another investigator named Brian and talked about the Plan of Salvation. Pretty dece lesson I'd say. Later we had dinner with the Stewart family and they have teh 2 cutest little daughters in the world! One is 6 and the other is 4? But the 6 year old speaks spanish better than the spanish speaking elders in our zone...and shes white hahahaha Its amazing!! They're hilarious too! Such an amazing family :) We finished off the night by visiting a Recent Convert family, the Doug, Candace and Joey. They are sweet! We talked a little bit bout their baptism then read scriptures with them as a family. Good times :)
 
Saturday November 3rd: Started off fresh with our first meet with our Ward Mission Leader. Hes a really nice dude! Brother Vanslooten. The missionary work is soooo much more organized in this area. Good Ward Members=Great Missionary Success. Its incredible how organized it is. Anyways, after that we had lunch and tracted for a few hours and came home and went over the area book again. Finished up some weekly planning and continued to build up a solid teaching pool.
 
Sunday November 4th: I swear everyone in Bentonville is rich hahaha Everyone pulled up to church in their super nice rides and we pull up in our bomb Ford Fusion... YOU KNOW!!! haha broke status. Its all good haha Church was insane. Had, in my opinion, one of the best Elders Quorum meetins I've ever had! and then it ended :( Haha After church we hit the ground running and started contracting all the names we put together on a list. Went and read with Judy again and then went back over to Brians. This time we talked about the Restoration and his wife joined in on the discussion for the first time! She was really interested and we picked her up as a new investigator. After that we went and had dinner then headed over to see the Giffords again. This time, the ladies mom had a few questions to ask us! We talked about the Plan of Salvation and Baptisms for the Dead and ended up getting her as a new investigator as well! Pretty fresh sunday if i say so my self.
 
 
Alright! That was my week. I would've went into more and better detail but the computer im using has a time limit and its all bad. Shout out to my TLC teachers at Spanish Fork Middle School for teaching my how to get 92 words per minute! Haha Yupppp. People around me keep looking over at me because the sound of the keys on the keyboard are really loud especially in a library! Haha
 
Real quick, wanted to give a Happy Birthday Shout Out to my Uso Elder Pj Inoke!!! Happy 20th Birthday Old Man!!! Haha where did the time go? Miss you big uce!! I already know you're slayin it out in Nicaragua (YEY!!! I GOT IT!!!)

Shout out to my mom for the picture. Gotta Love It :)

 
One more thing, I heard Christian's doing a little bit better!!! Great news! Love you toko! Keep fighting! And everyone keep praying! #BelieveInCT
 
Stay Safe Everyone
I Love You All :)
Take Care
-Elder Isaac Asiata

isaac59asiata.blogspot.com